Wednesday 23 December 2015

Day 475 - A Pre-Holiday Update



Day: 475
Jobs applied for today: 0
Jobs heard back from: 0
Jobs applied for since starting this blog: 8
Source: baxterpersonnel.co.uk

Well, here we are. Two days before Christmas, and I have not heard back from any of the job applications I have put in. However, I just wanted to give a quick update because in the last week, although quiet on here (busy with preparing for Christmas!), I have been searching still. I have looked on job listing sites, a Twitter feed and checking my e-mails.

I also got a generic e-mail from recruiters saying to send in an updated CV for the new year. I did this, but no acknowledgement was given of receiving this.

That brings me to something that really bugs me. Out of all the jobs I apply for and CV's I send to recruiters, I only hear back from a small percentage (as you can see since I started this blog I have heard from nobody actually).

While some positions may have a hefty amount of people applying for it, I think an e-mail back saying you have been unsuccessful would be better than no e-mail at all. I have even rang a company once to follow up with an application, to which they told me it would be best sending them an e-mail. I did and received no response still. 

Some job descriptions will, ahead of time, post "Due to the expected number of applications received, assume you have not been successful if you have not heard from us in [any amount of time here]." That's fair enough, but some others I think would be nice to hear from.

Am I wrong in thinking this? Should I be doing more to hear back from companies/recruiters? Or is a response, even a generic one, just polite? Please send me your thoughts on this! You can contact me through e-mail, Twitter, or LinkedIn. You can also comment below.

While it definitely looks like I will not be getting my job for Christmas, I still hope to be relaxing a little bit, and hope you get to as well! All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment