Thursday 10 December 2015

About Me!



I am originally from America (Sunny Florida, to be exact!) but now living in the North West area of England. Before taking the jump overseas, I completed an Associate's Degree with St. Petersburg College in my hometown. This degree is quite general and covered everything from sciences and mathematics to ethics and humanities. As much as I love where I am from, it's a big world out there, and felt a new setting for my Bachelor's degree would be an adventure.

I travelled to the UK originally over six years ago to study at Liverpool Hope University for a BA (Hons) in Media Studies. I achieved this with a 2:1 in 2012. My studies included journalism (print and broadcast), creating a magazine, blogs and public relations. I went on to do an M.Phil (Master of Philosophy, postgraduate research) degree in Football and Media Relationships. My research for this degree has focused greatly on how football clubs communicate with their supporters and partners in the modern digital age. This degree was awarded in December 2015.


Image Source: http://bit.ly/1Nef1GC
I chose to go into Media/Marketing for many reasons. First of all I love how there never seems to be a dull moment. There is always something new developing, and I find it quite exciting to be part of something new. I also love working with people and being the link between a company and their consumers using social media as a tool. My career goals include working in a role where I can use the skills I obtained during my intense studies and work experiences in connecting the company with the wider community.

There is a lot more to me than just all this studying! I also love football (soccer), all things Disney, to bake/cook, travel to places of historical significance, and generally have a laugh with my closest friends! I also like to volunteer when possible. I am currently a Dementia Friend Champion through the Alzheimer's Society, giving short information sessions to community groups to help erase the stigma surrounding Dementia as well as help promote a happy, healthy way of life for those living with the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment