Tuesday 26 April 2016

Day 600! Yes, really!

The title is sadly right.

I started my job search for full-time work 600 days ago. SIX HUNDRED DAYS. Ugh.

Am I feeling a bit defeated? A bit, but now that I have ore freedom as to who I can work for and at what salary, I am hoping that this job comes soon! In fact, I am a bit confident that it will do.

So what have I been doing in these last 600 days? In the beginning I was working part-time for both my university and a football club in the community sector, as well as in the middle of my Master of Philosophy degree. You can find out more in detail about my research and education here.

In October 2015, I decided to focus on my research, and after a few years of hard work and dedication, I was granted the award of MPhil in December (graduated January 2016), and what an accomplishment it was! I am in the process of seeing how to get my work published as well, but in the meantime, there is a copy available in the university's library!

What else have I been doing to keep me busy? Well, as we all know, social media and new media are constantly changing. I have been taking courses through Coursera for a certification in Social Media Marketing, so I can stay up-to-date on the latest techniques being used. So far the course has been quite enlightening, and we have been asked to create a blog, and identify key influencers on social media platforms where our target markets would be the most active. I have really enjoyed it and hope to complete the last course in this certification in June!

I have also been staying busy being very crafty! I have discovered a love for knitting (yes, knitting!) and have also learned that blackboard paint is amazing (I painted champagne glasses for my wedding where guests could write their names on the and keep. It was a great hit!).

However, I am needing that perfect job that will allow me to utilise all these skills (ok, maybe not the knitting) and allow me to prove to be an asset to your company. Think your company can give e that chance? Why don't you send me an e-mail and we can get discussing how I can do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment